Translated into seven languages, Cotton and Williams' Practical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy has for the last 25 years been the basic primer for endoscopy around the world, providing clear, clinical and practical guidance on the fundamentals of endoscopy practice, from patient positioning and safety, how to perform different endoscopic procedures, and the latest in therapeutic techniques and advances in technology.
It's key strength and reason for its popularity is its step-by-step, practical approach, especially with the use of outstanding colour artwork to illustrate the right and wrong ways to perform endoscopy. Add to this the weight and expertise of its author team, led by Peter Cotton and Christopher Williams, and the final result is an essential tool for all gastroenterologists and endoscopists, particularly trainees looking to improve their endoscopic technique.
Joining Peter Cotton, Christopher Williams and Brian Saunders in the seventh edition are two exciting stars in UK and US endoscopy, Adam Haycock and Jonathan Cohen. New to this edition are:
- Approximately 35 high-quality videos illustrating optimum endoscopy practice, all referenced via “video eyes” in the text
- Self-assessment MCQs to test main learning points
- An online clinical photo imagebank to complement the line illustrations, perfect for downloading into scientific presentations
- Key learning points in every chapter
- Much more information on mucosal resection techniques and small bowel endoscopy—for capsule and “deep” enteroscopy
- The latest recommendations and guidelines from the ASGE, ASG, UEGW and BSG.
Cotton and Williams' Practical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, seventh edition is fully modernised, masterful as ever, and once again, the number one endoscopy manual for a whole new generation of gastroenterologists and endoscopists.
Table of Contents
List of Video Clips, xi
Preface to the Seventh Edition, xii
Preface to the First Edition, xiv
About the Companion Website, xvi
1 The Endoscopy Unit, Staff, and Management, 1
2 Endoscopic Equipment, 6
3 Patient Care, Risks, and Safety, 19
4 Upper Endoscopy: Diagnostic Techniques, 33
5 Therapeutic Upper Endoscopy, 54
6 Colonoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, 78
7 Therapeutic Colonoscopy, 153
8 Resources and Links, 180
Endoscopy books, 180
Journals with major endoscopy/clinical focus, 180
Epilogue: The Future? Comments from the Senior
Intelligent endoscopes, 181
Colonoscopy—boon or bubble?, 181
Advanced therapeutics, cooperation, and multidisciplinary working, 181
Quality and teaching, 182