Profiting from China without getting burned is currently an obsession with the international investment community. The estimated size of the Chinese economy has just been revised upwards, making it the 4th largest in the world behind the US, Japan and Germany, and ahead of the UK but the idea that investing in China is a sure-fire, get-rich-quick investment story is dangerously misleading.
* The author of the bestselling Investment Biker, Adventure Capitalist, and Hot Commodities, is providing a book that provides a window into what will soon be the most vital, most lucrative market of our time: China.
* While the Chinese economy has had an annual average growth of 9.4 percent since 1978, and despite the ongoing speculation about China's future, its stock market is now emerging from a six-year low.
* As the Chinese economy continues to lumber toward a free market system - and as the Chinese government inevitably unpegs its currency and opens its stock market to more foreign investment, Rogers foresees an abundance of opportunities for investors.
* In this book, he shows readers not only how to take advantage of
China's coming dominance - what, where, how, and when to buy - but how China will impact individual companies, markets, and economies around the world.
* "Nobody with blue eyes has ever made money investing in China," the old saying goes.
Jim Rogers aims to disprove this adage.
Jim Rogers co-founded the Quantum Fund and retired at age 37. Since then, he has served as a sometime professor of finance at Columbia University's business school, and as a media commentator. He appears twice a week on Fox Business News, and is the author of three immensely successful books.
Table of Contents
Introduction:Catching the China Ride.
1. Investing: From Mao Caps to Small-Market Caps.
2. Risk: The Perils Of Success.
3. Companies: Let A Thousand Brands Bloom.
4. Enery: Not So Black.
5. Transport: Paving The Way.
6. Tourism: Up, Up and Away.
7. Agriculture: Have You Invested Yet?
8. Health, Education, Housing: Serve The Masses.
9. Emerging China: The People's Republic of Tomorrow.
About The Author.