Mobile Security and Privacy: Advances, Challenges and Future Research Directions provides the first truly holistic view of leading edge mobile security research from Dr. Man Ho Au and Dr. Raymond Choo—leading researchers in mobile security. Mobile devices and apps have become part of everyday life in both developed and developing countries. As with most evolving technologies, mobile devices and mobile apps can be used for criminal exploitation. Along with the increased use of mobile devices and apps to access and store sensitive, personally identifiable information (PII) has come an increasing need for the community to have a better understanding of the associated security and privacy risks.
Drawing upon the expertise of world-renowned researchers and experts, this volume comprehensively discusses a range of mobile security and privacy topics from research, applied, and international perspectives, while aligning technical security implementations with the most recent developments in government, legal, and international environments. The book does not focus on vendor-specific solutions, instead providing a complete presentation of forward-looking research in all areas of mobile security.
The book will enable practitioners to learn about upcoming trends, scientists to share new directions in research, and government and industry decision-makers to prepare for major strategic decisions regarding implementation of mobile technology security and privacy. In addition to the state-of-the-art research advances, this book also discusses prospective future research topics and open challenges.
- Presents the most current and leading edge research on mobile security and privacy, featuring a panel of top experts in the field
- Provides a strategic and international overview of the security issues surrounding mobile technologies
- Covers key technical topics and provides readers with a complete understanding of the most current research findings along with future research directions and challenges
- Enables practitioners to learn about upcoming trends, scientists to share new directions in research, and government and industry decision-makers to prepare for major strategic decisions regarding the implementation of mobile technology security and privacy initiatives
Table of Contents
1. Mobile Security and Privacy 2. Mobile Security: A Practitioner’s Perspective 3. Mobile Security: End Users are the Weakest Link in the System 4. How Cyber-Savvy are Older Mobile Device Users? 5. The Role of Mobile Devices in Enhancing the Policing System to Improve Efficiency and Effectiveness: A Practitioner’s Perspective 6. Supervised Learning Based Detection of Malware on Android 7. On Discovering Vulnerabilities in Android Applications 8. A Study of the Effectiveness Abs Reliability of Android Free Anti-Mobile Malware Apps 9. Timeline Analysis for Digital Evidence on MTK-Based Shanzhai Mobile Phone 10. RESTful IoT Authentication Protocols 11. An Introduction to Various Privacy Models 12. Performance of Digital Signature Schemes on Mobile Devices