Recognize and diagnose a wide range of renal pathologic entities with Diagnostic Atlas of Renal Pathology, 3rd Edition. In this edition, Drs. Agnes B. Fogo and Michael Kashgarian use hundreds of high-quality illustrations to clearly depict the pathologic features and clinical manifestations of both common and rare renal disorders. Extensive updates to the text keep you current with the knowledge you need for clinical practice or continuing education and certification.
- More than 700 images of light, immunofluorescence, and electron microscopy for each diagnostic entity with correlations to clinical presentation and pathogenesis.
- Focused, detailed discussions on key characteristic pathologic findings and prognostic, pathogenetic, and etiologic information.
- An in-depth examination of pathophysiology, clinical presentations, and the latest evidence-based practices.
- User-friendly format features tables and sidebars with key points and differential diagnoses, and chapters that include concise, templated discussions regarding the etiology and pathogenesis of the disorder.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- A new chapter describing a logical approach to differential diagnosis.
- New insights into pathogenesis and classification of diseases.
- New coverage of aging and the kidney, endemic diseases, transplant, lupus-related kidney diseases, Mesoamerican nephropathy, ApolL1-related nephropathies, C3 glomerulopathies, and thrombotic microangiopathies.
- Recent results of consensus conferences on vasculitides and renal neoplasia.
Table of Contents
1. Approach to Diagnosis of the Kidney Biopsy
2. Normal Growth and Maturation
3. Glomerular Diseases
PRIMARY GLOMERULAR DISEASES
Glomerular Diseases That Cause Nephrotic Syndrome: Non-Immune Complex
Glomerular Diseases That Cause Nephrotic/Nephritic Syndrome: Complement Related
Glomerular Diseases That Cause Nephrotic Syndrome: Immune Complex
Glomerular Diseases That Cause Hematuria or Nephritic Syndrome: Immune Complex
SECONDARY GLOMERULAR DISEASES
Diseases Associated with Nephrotic Syndrome
Diseases Associated with Nephritic Syndrome or RPGN: Immune Mediated
Diseases Associated with the Nephritic Syndrome or RPGN: Pauci-Immune- or Non-Immune-Mediated
Diseases with Abnormal Basement Membranes
Glomerular Involvement with Bacterial Infections
4. Vascular Diseases
Thrombotic Microangiopathy/ Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
Antiphospholipid Antibody Disease
Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
5. Tubulointerstitial Diseases
Infections of the Kidney
Chronic Pyelonephritis and Reflux Nephropathy
Acute Tubulointerstitial Nephritis - Viral Infection
Acute Tubulointerstitial Nephritis—Drug-Related
Tubulointerstitial Nephritis With Uveitis
Anti-TBM Antibody Nephritis
IgG4-Related Tubulointerstitial Nephritis
Interstitial Nephritis of Sjogren Syndrome
Acute Kidney Injury/Acute Tubular Necrosis
Warfarin-Induced Acute Kidney Injury/ Anticoagulant- Related Nephropathy
Heavy Metal Nephropathy (Lead and Cadmium Nephropathy)
Analgesic Nephropathy and Papillary Necrosis
Light Chain Cast Nephropathy and Tubulopathy
Aristolochic Acid Nephropathy
6. Endemic Nephropathies
Aristolochic Acid Nephropathy
Other Endemic Fibrosing Nephropathies
7. Chronic Kidney Disease
Glomerular vs. Tubulointerstitial vs. Vascular Disease
Segmental Glomerulosclerosis: Primary vs. Secondary
8. Renal Transplantation
Evaluation of Donor Kidneys
Chronic Active Antibody- Mediated Rejection and Transplant Glomerulopathy
Acute T Cell-Mediated Rejection
Chronic T Cell-Mediated Rejection
Interstitial Fibrosis and Tubular Atrophy
Sirolimus (Rapamycin) Nephrotoxicity
Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disease
Recurrent Renal Disease
9. Cystic Diseases of the Kidney
Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease
Autosomal Recessive Polycystic Kidney Disease
Medullary Cystic Diseases
Medullary Sponge Kidney
Acquired Cystic Disease
Cystic Renal Dysplasia
10. Renal Neoplasia
Nephroblastoma (Wilms Tumor)
Urothelial (Transitional Cell) Carcinoma of the Renal Pelvis