Part of the practical and dynamic Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology Series, Botulinum Toxin, 4th Edition, brings physicians at all levels of experience up to speed with today’s best injection techniques. This well-organized text provides current, authoritative guidance on popular procedures including masseter hypertrophy and darker skin types, the therapeutic uses of botulinum toxins, and their future in dermatology. The renowned author team of Drs. Jean Carruthers and Alastair Carruthers offers evidence-based, procedural how-to's and step-by-step advice on proper techniques, pitfalls, and tricks of the trade, so you can successfully incorporate the latest procedures into your practice.
- Includes complete, clear descriptions and rationales for injection placement for facial and neck rejuvenation and hyperhidrosis, with high-quality videos demonstrating the techniques of injection.
- Addresses the differences in doses and particular characteristics among different botulinum toxin preparations in every chapter.
- Features a well-organized format with key points lists, pearls, and case studies as they appear in practice.
- Contains new chapters throughout, plus new information on injectable daxibotulinumtoxinA (RT002), topical botulinum toxin type A and benzyl alcohol.
- Includes many new images that depict exactly how to perform the techniques.
Table of Contents
1 Therapeutic Uses of the Botulinum Toxins
2 History of OnabotulinumtoxinA Therapeutic
3 History of Cosmetic Botulinum Toxin
4 Basic Science of BOTOX® Cosmetic
5 AbobotulinumtoxinA: Science and Clinical Usage
6 Basic Science: Xeomin®
7 Basic Science: Myobloc®
8 Neuronox® and Innotox®
9 Injectable DaxibotulinumtoxinA (RT002)
10 Comparison of Botulinum Toxins
11 Topical DaxibotulinumtoxinA (RT001)
12 Topical Botulinum Toxin Type A
13 Reconstitution and Dilution
14 Benzyl Alcohol
16 Modulation of Eyebrow Position and Shape by Treatment with Neuromodulators and Fillers
17 Frontalis and Horizontal Forehead Line
18 Treatment of Crow’s Feet
19 Infraorbital/Upper and Lower Eyelids
20 Treatment of the Midface with Botulinum Toxin
21 Orbicularis Oris, Mentalis, and Depressor Anguli Oris
22 Platysma, Nefertiti Lift®, and Beyond
23 The Masseters and their Treatment with Botulinum Toxin
24 Darker Skin Types
25 Combination Noninvasive Facial Aesthetic Treatments with Botulinum Toxin Type A
26 Focal Axillary Hyperhidrosis
27 Palmoplantar Hyperhidrosis
28 The Future of Neuromodulators in Aesthetic Medicine