Discover how to implement and operate in an Agile manner at every level of your enterprise and at every point from idea to delivery. Learn how Agile-mature organizations adapt nimbly to microchanges in market conditions. Learn cutting-edge practices and concepts as you extend your implementation of Agile through the entire enterprise to meet customer needs.
Veteran Agile coach Mario Moreira argues that two critical conditions must be conscientiously cultivated at a company before it can expect to reap in full measure the business benefits of mature Agile. First, individuals at every level must be committed to the mindset and the implementation of practices rigorously focused on delivering value to the customer. Second, all employees must be empowered to take ownership. This holistic transformation wrenches the status quo and provokes a strong focus where customers and employees matter.
What You'll Learn
- Establish an idea pipeline to quickly and productively evolve customer value through all levels of the enterprise
- Incorporate a discovery mindset—experimental, incremental, design, and divergent thinking—and fast feedback loops to increase the odds that what you build aligns more closely to what customer wants
- Leverage Lean Canvas, personas, story mapping, value stream mapping, Cost of Delay, servant leadership, self-organization, and more to deliver optimum value to customers
- Use continuous agile budgeting and idea pipelines at the senior levels of the enterprise to enable you to adapt to the speed of the market
- Reinvent human resources, portfolio management, finance, and many areas of management toward new roles in the enablement of customer value
- Map a top-to-bottom and end-to-end holistic view of your Agile galaxy to gauge where you are today and where you’d like to go in your Agile future
- Be truly Agile throughout your enterprise, focused on customer value and employees above all else
Who This Book Is For
Executives and senior management; sponsors of Agile within a company; ScrumMasters and Agile coaches, champions, and consultants; project management and quality assurance officers (PMOs and AMOs); portfolio managers; product managers and product owners; marketing and business managers; functional, middle, and resource managers; engineering heads and managers; cross-functional engineering/scrum teams; and entrepreneurs and venture capitalists
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started.- Chapter 2: Envisioning a Customer Value Driven Enterprise.- Chapter 3: Achieving Better Business Outcomes .- Chapter 4: Building Your Agile Galaxy.- Chapter 5: Activating an Agile Culture .- Chapter 6: Embracing Customers .- Chapter 7: Embracing Employees .- Chapter 8: Evolving Roles in Your Agile Enterprise.- Chapter 9: Building a Learning Enterprise.- Chapter 10: Applying a Discovery Mindset.- Chapter 11: Visualizing the Enterprise Idea Pipeline.- Chapter 12: Prioritizing with Cost of Delay.- Chapter 13: Capturing Ideas with Lean Canvas.- Chapter 14: Incorporating Customer Feedback .- Chapter 15: Establishing Your Requirements Tree.- Chapter 16: Decomposing Ideas with Story Mapping.- Chapter 17: Connecting the Idea Pipeline to Backlogs.- Chapter 18: Collaborating on User Stories.- Chapter 19: Promoting Agile Budgeting .- Chapter 20: Applying Agile Success Measures .- Chapter 21: Evolving HR for Agile.- Chapter 22: Sharing an Agile Enterprise Story.-