Now fully revised to include recent advances in the field, the second edition of Pulmonary Pathology, a volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology series, is an essential foundation text for residents and pathologists. The popular template format makes it easy to use, and new information throughout brings you up to date with what’s new in pulmonary pathology and pulmonary medicine, including molecular genetics and personalized medicine therapies. Practical and affordable, this resource by Drs. Dani S. Zander and Carol F. Farver is ideal for study and review as well as everyday clinical practice.
- Coverage of both common and rare neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the lung and pleura.
- A focus primarily on diagnosis, with correlations to clinical and radiographic characteristics.
- Clinical and Pathologic Features summarized in quick-reference boxes for fast retrieval of information.
- Hundreds of photomicrographs and gross photographs – most in full color – depict important pathologic features, enabling you to form a differential diagnosis and compare your findings with actual cases.
- Contributions from internationally recognized pathologists, keeping you up to date with the latest information in the field.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- Virtual Microscope slides now available online.
- Molecular genetics and personalized medicine therapies included throughout.
- New classification and approaches to diagnosis and management of pediatric diffuse lung diseases.
- 9/11-related lung disease and other recently described environmental lung diseases.
- Information on susceptibility genes for individual diseases.
- Viral linkage and new therapies for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, and well as information on endobronchial ultrasound-guided needle aspiration.
Table of Contents
1. Normal Anatomy, Tissue Artifacts, and Incidental Structures
2. The Uses and Abuses of the Lung Biopsy
3. A Pattern-Based Approach to Diagnosis
4. Congenital, Developmental, and Inherited Disorders
5. Acquired and Idiopathic Disorders in Neonates and Young Children
6. Lung Neoplasms in Infants and Children
7. Vascular Diseases
8. Vasculitides and Other Causes of Pulmonary Hemorrhage
9. Acute Lung Injury
10. Bacterial Diseases
11. Mycobacterial Diseases
12. Fungal Diseases
13. Viral Diseases
14 Human Parasitic Pulmonary Infections
15 Chlamydial, Mycoplasmal, Rickettsial, and Ehrlichial Diseases
16. Idiopathic Interstitial Pneumonias
17. Other Interstitial Lung Diseases
18. Environmental- and Toxin-Induced Lung Diseases
19. Drug Reactions and Other Iatrogenic Pulmonary Diseases
20. Emphysema and Diseases of Large Airways
21. Diseases of Small Airways
22. Lymphoid Lesions of the Lung
23. Uncommon Histiocytic and Dendritic Cell Proliferations
24. Transplantation-Related Lung Pathology
25. Other Non-Neoplastic Focal Lesions, Inclusions, and Depositions