Part of the in-depth and practical Pattern Recognition series, Practical Pulmonary Pathology, 3rd Edition, helps you accurately identify and interpret neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the lungs by using a pattern-based approach. Leading diagnosticians in pulmonary pathology guide you from a histological pattern, through the appropriate work-up, around the pitfalls, and to the best diagnosis. Superb, full-color illustrations capture key pathological patterns for a full range of common and rare conditions, and a "visual index" at the beginning of the book directs you to the exact location of in-depth diagnostic guidance.
A user-friendly design color-codes patterns to specific entities, and key points are summarized in tables, charts, and graphs so you can quickly and easily find what you are looking for.
- Sweeping content updates keep you at the forefront of recent findings regarding pulmonary hypertension, pediatric lung disease, and all major neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the lung.
- A new chapter on Pulmonary Function Testing for Pathologists brings you up to date with relevant aspects of these key tests.
- Improved pattern call-outs are now linked directly within the chapter, reinforcing the patterns for more efficient and complete understanding.
Table of Contents
1. Lung Anatomy
2. Pulmonary Function Testing for Pathologists
3. Optimal Processing of Diagnostic Lung Specimens
4. Computed Tomography of Diffuse Lung Diseases and Solitary Pulmonary Nodule
5. Developmental and Pediatric Lung Disease
6. Acute Lung Injury
7. Lung Infections
8. Chronic Diffuse Lung Diseases
9. Non-neoplastic Pathology of the Large and Small Airways
11. Pulmonary Vasculitis and Pulmonary Hemorrhage
12. Pulmonary Hypertension
13. Pathology of Lung Transplantation
14. Neuroendocrine Neoplasms of the Lung
15. Sarcomas and Sarcomatoid Neoplasms of the Lung and Pleura
16. Pulmonary Pathology: Hematolymphoid Disorders
17. Non-neuroendocrine Carcinomas (Excluding "Sarcomatoid" Carcinoma) and Salivary Gland Analogue Tumors of the Lung
18. Metastatic Tumors in the Lung: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis
19. Pseudoneoplastic Lesions of the Lungs and Pleura
20. Benign and Borderline Tumors of the Lungs and Pleura
21. Malignant and Borderline Mesothelial Tumors of the Pleura