Liu, Volpe, and Galetta’s Neuro-Ophthalmology: Diagnosis and Management, 3rd Edition remains unique in its complete, authoritative coverage of the diagnosis and treatment of neurological disorders affecting the eye. Bridging the gap between a handbook and an encyclopedic resource, it distills a vast amount of information into a single, concise, superbly illustrated volume. User-friendly and thoroughly up to date, this highly renowned reference is a one-stop resource for current information in this growing area.
- Combines over 1,000 illustrations and cross references with tables, outlines, and flow-diagrams to provide you with everything you need to understand the underlying presentation, pathophysiology, neuroimaging, and diagnostic studies in neuro-ophthalmology, along with the ideal diagnostic, treatment, and ongoing management tools for all neuro-ophthalmic conditions.
- Covers the neurological examination and the bedside neuro-ophthalmic evaluation of comatose patients that demonstrates how the examination can be used to confirm a diagnosis arrived at from the patient history.
- Includes the expertise and knowledge of a small, hand-picked contributor team that ensure the latest advances are incorporated into each chapter.
- Contains increased coverage on the use of optical coherence tomography (OCT) and its role in revolutionizing the ability to make more accurate neuro-ophthalmic diagnoses.
- Provides all-new information on gaze disorders, nystagmus, and neuro-ophthalmic manifestations of demyelinating disease.
- Presents current knowledge on vestibular disease and the neuro-ophthalmic manifestations of head trauma, as well as brainstem, cerebellar, and degenerative diseases.
Table of Contents
I. History and Examination
The Neuro-ophthalmic History
The Neuro-ophthalmic Examination
II. Visual Loss and Other Disorders of the Afferent Visual pathway
Visual Loss: Overview, Visual Field Testing and Topical Diagnosis
Visual Loss: Retinal Disorders of Neuro-ophthalmic Interest
Visual Loss: Optic Neuropathies
Optic Disc Swelling: Papillederma and Other Causes
Visual Loss: Chiasmal Disorders
Disorders of Higher Cortical Visual Function
Transient Visual Loss or Blurring
Functional Visual Loss
Visual Hallucinations and Illusions
III. Efferent Neuro-Ophthalmic Disorders
Eyelid and Facial Nerve Disorders
Eye Movement Disorders: Third, Fourth and Sixth Nerve Palsies and Other Causes of Diplopia and Ocular Misalignment
Eye Movement Disorders: Gaze Abnormalities
Eye Movement Disorders: Nystagmus and Nystagmoid Eye Movements
Orbital Disease in Neuro-Ophthalmology
IV. Other Topics
Headache, Facial Pain and Disorders of Facial Sensation