- Uses a completely reorganized format throughout, matching the reorganization of Braunwald’s Heart Disease, 11th Edition.
- Provides new coverage of biomarkers and their use in precision medicine, cardio-oncology, sleep disordered breathing and CVD, the latest hypertension guidelines, reversal agents for the novel oral anticoagulants, and diabetes medications with recently proven cardiovascular benefits.
- Covers current topics such as cardiovascular genetics, innovative heart failure medications and devices, non-culprit percutaneous coronary intervention, selection of antithrombotic drugs, transcatheter valve procedures, and use of left atrial appendage exclusion procedures in atrial fibrillation.
- Features detailed answers that comprise "mini-reviews" of the material, and cross references to the main text that make it easy to find definitive explanations for any question.
- Contains full-color images and illustrations throughout, and numerous case studies that enhance your study and improve retention of complex material.
Table of Contents
SECTION I (Chapters 1 to 20) Fundamentals of Cardiovascular Disease; Genetics and Personalized Medicine; Evaluation of the Patient
SECTION II (Chapters 21 to 43) Heart Failure; Arrhythmias, Sudden Death, and Syncope
SECTION III (Chapters 44 to 66) Preventive Cardiology; Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease
SECTION IV (Chapters 67 to 87) Diseases of the Heart Valves, Myocardium, Pericardium, and Pulmonary Vascular Bed
SECTION V (Chapters 88 to 99) Cardiovascular Disease in Special Populations; Cardiovascular Disease and Disorders of Other Organs