A comprehensive guide to smart materials and how they are used in sample preparation, analytical processes, and applications
This comprehensive, two-volume handbook provides detailed information on the present state of new materials tailored for selective sample preparation and the legal frame and environmental side effects of the use of smart materials for sample preparation in analytical chemistry, as well as their use in the analytical processes and applications. It covers both methodological and applied analytical aspects, relating to the development and application of new materials for solid-phase extraction (SPE) and solid-phase microextraction (SPME), their use in the different steps and techniques of the analytical process, and their application in specific fields such as water, food, air, pharmaceuticals, clinical sciences and forensics.
Every chapter in Handbook of Smart Materials in Analytical Chemistry is written by experts in the field to provide a comprehensive picture of the present state of this key area of analytical sciences and to summarize current applications and research literature in a critical way. Volume 1 covers New Materials for Sample Preparation and Analysis. Volume 2 handles Analytical Processes and Applications.
- Focuses on the development and applications of smart materials in analytical chemistry
- Covers both, methodological and applied analytical aspects, for the development of new materials and their use in the different steps and techniques of the analytical process and their application in specific fields
- Features applications in key areas including water, air, environment, pharma, food, forensic, and clinical
- Presents the available tools for the use of new materials suitable to aid recognition process to the sample preparation and analysis
- A key resource for analytical chemists, applied laboratories, and instrument companies
Handbook of Smart Materials in Analytical Chemistry, 2V Set is an excellent reference book for specialists and advanced students in the areas of analytical chemistry, including both research and application environments.
Table of Contents
List of contributors
1. Smart materials: A made on measure reagents.
2. Application of ionic liquid hybrid materials in analytical chemistry.
3. Smart Porous Monoliths for Chromatographic Separations and Sample Preparation
4. Surfactant-based materials
5. Molecularly imprinted materials
6. Enzyme-based materials
7. Immunosorbent materials
8. Nanomaterials for use in Apta-assays: Analytical approach
9. Nanomaterials-based separation processes
10. Semiconductor quantum dots in chemical analysis: from binary to multinary nanocrystals
11. Carbon-based nanomaterials in analytical chemistry
12. Use of magnetic materials in sample preparation techniques
13. Restricted access materials.
14. Polymer inclusion membranes
15. The Rising of Metal-Organic Frameworks in Analytical Chemistry
List of contributors
1. Smart materials and green analytical chemistry
PART I. Analytical processes.
2. Smart materials for solid-phase extraction applications
3. Smart materials for solid-phase microextraction
4. Smart materials for miniaturized devices: implications in sample handling and preparation
5. Smart materials as stationary phase in chromatography
6. Improved Capillary Electrophoresis Methods: Toward Materials and Applications
8. Nanoparticles assisted laser desorption ionization mass spectrometry
9. Smart materials in analytical procedures for trace element determination/speciation
PART II. Analytical applications.
10. Materials-based sample preparation in water analysis.
11. MIPs and aptamers as artificial receptors in advanced separation techniques: application in food analysis
12. Smart carbon based nanomaterials in electrochemical biosensing for clinical analysis
13. Smart materials for pharmaceutical and forensic analysis
14. Future perspectives on the use of smart materials