Fermented Beverages, Volume Five, the latest release in The Science of Beverages series, examines emerging trends and applications of different fermented beverages, including alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The book discusses processing techniques and microbiological methods for each classification, their potential health benefits, and overall functional properties. The book provides an excellent resource to broaden the reader’s understanding of different fermented beverages. It is ideal for research and development professionals who are working in the area of new products.
- Presents research examples to help solve problems and optimize production
- Provides recent technologies used for quality analysis
- Includes industry formulations for different beverages to increase productivity and innovation
- Includes common industry formulations to foster the creation of new products
Table of Contents
1. Fermented Beverages and Their Health Benefits 2. New Trends and Applications in Fermented Beverages 3. Fermented Beverages Produced by Mixed Cultures, Pure Cultures, and Defined Cocultures 4. New Insights on Winemaking of White Grapes 5. Development of Red and White Wines from Locally Adapted Grape Cultivars Using Indigenous Yeast 6. An Influence of Different Yeast Species on Wine Aroma Composition 7. Nutritional Components of Some Fermented Nonalcoholic Beverages 8. Fermented Vegetable Beverages 9. Fermented Malt Beverages and Their Biomedicinal Health Potential: Classification, Composition, Processing, and Bio-Functional Properties 10. Kombucha Tea and Its Health-Promoting Effects 11. Millet Based Fermented Beverages Processing 12. Kefir: The Champagne of Fermented Beverages 13. Kinetic Characteristics of Alcohol Fermentation in Brewing: State of Art and Control of the Fermentation Process 14. New Alcoholic Fermented Beverages - Potentials and Challenges 15. Traditional Fermented Beverages in Mexico