Natural Beverages, Volume Thirteen, in the Science of Beverages series, takes a multidisciplinary approach to address the shifting beverage landscape towards the global trend of natural beverages. As global beverage consumption has progressed towards healthier and ‘natural’ ingredients, researchers and scientists need to understand the latest scientific developments and the proposed health benefits and improved effects. Classical examples are presented as a basis for innovation expansion to help new researchers understand this segment of the industry. This is a great resource for researchers and scientists in the beverages industry.
- Describes natural beverage production and its impact on nutritional value
- Provides overall coverage of hot topics and scientific principles in the beverage industry
- Explores the pros and cons of natural vs. artificial beverages in product development
- Covers the production of all commonly consumed ‘natural’ beverages
Table of Contents
1. An Overview About the Natural Beverages 2. Natural Beverages and their Role as Functional Foods 3. Natural Beverages of Assam and Its Ethno Medicinal Value 4. The Natural Beverages of the Iranian Cuisine 5. Herbal Beverages as a Source of Antioxidant Phenolics 6. Honey and Syrups: Healthy and Natural Sweeteners with Functional Properties 7. Aguamiel: a Fresh Beverage from Agave spp. Sap with Functional Properties 8. Whey and Buttermilk: Neglected Sources of Valuable Beverages 9. Canapa Sativa L. and Moringa Oleifera as Naturally Functional Beverages: Innovative Trends 10. Hops: New Perspectives for an Old Beer Ingredient 11. Fruit and Vegetable Based Beverages: Nutritional Properties and Health Benefits 12. Neera: A Non-Alcoholic Nutritious Beverage from Unopened Inflorescence of Coconut Palm 13. Trends and Possibilities of the Usage of Medicinal Herbal Extracts in Beverage Production 14. Natural Fermented Beverages 15. Natural and Artificial Beverages: Exploring the pros and cons