Bahá’í Faith: The Basics provides a thorough and accessible introduction to a fascinating, independent world religion. Examining its historical development, current “community-building” efforts and the social contributions of the Bahá’í Faith in the world today, this introduction covers:
• Beliefs: Bahá’í spiritual teachings.
• Principles: Bahá’í social teachings.
• History: Bahá’u’lláh and his covenant.
• Scripture: Bahá’í sacred texts and inspired guidance.
• Institutions: The Bahá’í Administrative Order.
• Building community: What Bahá’ís do.
• Social action: Bahá’í social and economic development projects.
• Public discourse: The Bahá’í International Community.
• Vision: Foundations for a future golden age.
With features including a glossary of terms, and references to the Bahá’í writings throughout, this is the ideal text for students and interested readers wanting to familiarize themselves with the Bahá’í Faith.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: What is the Bahá’í Faith?
2. Beliefs: Bahá’í Spiritual Teachings
3. Principles: Bahá’í Social Teachings
4. History: Bahá’u’lláh and His Covenant
5. Scripture and Authoritative Writings: Bahá’í Sacred Texts and Inspired Guidance
6. Institutions: The Bahá’í Administrative Order
7. Building Community: What Bahá’ís Do
8. Social Action: Social and Economic Development
9. Public Discourse: The Bahá’í International Community
10. Vision: Foundations for a Future Golden Age